In light of National Women’s Day, 10 of South Africa’s influential women came together to talk about the female characters on Netflix that inspire them personally. They opened up and shared personal experiences from their own life, all spurred on by characters from Netflix’s popular series.
The moments were captured on video in a production put together by an all-female crew – showing the powerful women responsible for writing stories, producing award-winning content, managing the camera and styling the characters.
Netflix also went an extra mile and likened the influential women to powerful characters in some of its series
- Kitso Kgori as Joelle in Dear White People
- ThickLeeyonce as Coco in Dear White People
- Nadia Jaftha as Piper in Orange is the New Black
- Nontando as Suzanne Warren in Orange is the New Black
- Minki van der Westhuizen as Queen Elizabeth in The Crown
- Kathryn Rossiter as Robyn Wright in House of Cards
- Tumi Voster as Annelise Keating in How to Get Away with Murder
- Patty Monroe as Nola Darling in She’s Gotta Have it
- Sadie Torquato as Jessica Jones in Marvel’s Jessica Jones
- Jeannie D as Chelsea Handler in Chelsea Does
Watch South Africa’s influential women talk about the female characters on Netflix: