Shane Patrick Hughes, better known as Shane Eagle, is a young South African rapper on the rise.
The young MC quickly turned into a household name after making it as one of the top four contestants on the first season of Vuzu: The Hustle, a televised rap contest.
His tenure on The Hustle subsequently led to him collaborating with the likes of Big Star Johnson, DJ Switch, DJ Speedsta, Priddy Ugly and KLY, to name a few. With his growing traction, Eagle released his debut album, Yellow, last August. With the hit singles Let it Flow and Need Me featuring R&B singer, KLY, Eagle is surely soaring to greater heights.
Here are 10 cool #dyks about the rapper:
- He is 21 years old.
- He was born in Rabie Ridge in Joburg.
- The term ‘Eagle’ originated from a group of his friends who lived in Rabie Ridge.
- Recorded his first song at the age of 13 at his friend’s studio.
- Shane was one of the local opening acts for J. Cole for the J.Cole Live in Concert: Castle Lite Unlocks.
- He released his debut album under his own record label, Eagle Entertainment.
- His debut album has been streamed 1.1 million times on Apple Music.
- He is currently selling physical hard copies of the album, signed and handed to you by himself, at various locations across South Africa under the #20KOutTheTrunk movement.
- He announced the possibility of a Yellow Tour later this year.
- He has been selected as one of the supporting acts for Castle Lite Unlocks: Chance the Rapper in April this year.